From: Stephen Wolke [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, 13 August 2002 10:41
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Encoding Filters(Formally Re: Hope this helps-
RunLengthEncodeFilter)

Jeremias

I would love to have some fun, but is this your idea of fun?? ;-)
I will take you up on the offer, report back and tell you whether it was
found to be fun or not.

Also, I had looked into the CCITT filter briefly and noticed at that time
the JAI API has this  and many other encoding filters in it. When trying to
see how much work it would have been to integrate the JAI into the FOP I
noticed the FopImageFactory has some commented out code that would lead me
to believe I was not the only one to consider the route of having the JAI
handle the images.  Now to my question.  Was this just a passing thought or
is this the direction being forged or does anybody know?  I am just curious.

Lastly, to clear my foggy head, my understanding is that the CCITT encoding
is fax encoding is intended for encoding in black and white only and is some
how related to the Tag Image File Format (TIFF).  Is that a correct
understanding?

Thanks,

Stephen Wolke