[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm trying to get familar with the fop implementation (0.20.4). Especially
> with the algorithm to calculate the width and height needed to display text.
> Is their any more documentation (such as UML diagrams or further describtions
> wich class/package is doing what and how) for fop then the possibility to
> build the javadoc api for fop.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "algorithm to calculate
the width and height needed to display text", but it's likely
to be undocumented, look at the source files.
You can find some documentation about the design in
docs/design for the code in the maintenance branch
and in docs/design/understanding for some stuff for
the CVS HEAD. Some parts of the old docs still apply
to the HEAD, as well as some concepts illustrated
in the "understandig" docs apply to the older code.

J.Pietschmann