Von: J.Pietschmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 15. Oktober 2002 22:30
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: can I hack a keep-together?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am exploring the possibility of modifying the code to allow support for
> keep-together.  I'm pressed for time; so a hack will work.  I would
> appreciate any input on if this is possible and how long it would take?

Search the source for "keep-" (case insensitive), there is various
code in place, commented out in many places. Enable the code and
see what happens, and if this works for you. This is easy and fast.

You'll probably soon encounter problems with non-terminating loops,
duplicate IDs, dropped or duplicated content and other unpleasant
effects. Usually the task gets frustrating quickly. In particular
the issue with non-terminating loops is very hard to fix in general.

Is there a reason why you can't use the usual work around of
placing the stuff you want to have kept together in a blind
table?

J.Pietschmann