Jeremias,

This was a serious question, really. Joerg, when he gets back, might like to comment on this, because it was as a result of some of his input that I first realised there was a significant cost associated with such Java fundamentals as instanceof and type casting. Those discussions gave me much food for thought. So I'll rephrase the question: what, if anything, is the cost of using the interface instead of the implementation?

Peter

--
Peter B. West [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"