I think you don't have the latest version of FOP. Make sure you've got
0.20.4 downloaded. org.apache.log.Logger is defined by Jakarta LogKit,
but we don't use that anymore.

What is myLog in your code? It should be a Category from Log4J.

If you don't manage to fix it, could you post the code snippet in which
you're setting up your logger?

On 11.11.2002 17:55:56 Aguirre, Carlos (C.) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to Fop and I'm writing a little application in witch I'm embedding
> Fop, the issue here is I use Log4j for logging, the controlling logging
> section of the documentation says that I can use:
>       Driver.setLogger(new
> org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Log4JLogger(myLog));
> javac is complaining that I can't use org.apache.log.Logger with
> org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Log4JLogger,
>
> what am I missing??...Thanks

Jeremias Maerki