From: Peter B. West [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 12:30 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: source for hz algorithm

Layout sometimes occurs in an environment of known available BPDimension
and IPDimension, sometimes with only one dimension, and sometimes with
neither.  In the latter cases, the layout process is effectively a probe
to see what the dimensional requirements range for this piece of layout
is.  However, problems like rivers, last page and footnotes turn all
layout into probes, and all layout must potentially be undone and redone
in the light of the knowledge gained.

Peter B. West  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"