Fopdevs,

Here is an extract of what I ended up with in the alt.properties frames.

In index.html (the frameset page)

script type="text/javascript"
// IE didn't seem to like "type application/x-javascript"
var isHigh = true;

function lengthenCol() {
if (isHigh) { return; }
fset = document.getElementById("altDesignFramesetRows");
fset.setAttribute("rows", "95%,*");
logowin = top.frames[0];
if (logowin == null) {
alert(
"Requires Navigator >= 7, Mozilla >= 1.2.1 or IE >= 6");
return;
}
logodoc = logowin.document;
lbutton = logodoc.getElementById("lengthenButton");
lbutton.setAttribute("value", "^");
isHigh = true;
}
// I have no idea whether the attempt to warn about browser type
// is valid, because i have no idea fo the point of failure for
// other browsers. Some advice on this would be useful

function displayCode(src) {
top.frames[2].location = src;
shortenCol();
}

function displayHtml(src) {
top.frames[1].location = src;
lengthenCol();
}

In logo,html, which contains the menu and the display toggle button, the menu items are summoned by:

'properties/PropertyConsts-class.html' )"
>PropertyConsts</a>

and code display is triggered by html like

'PropertyConsts.html#PropertyConstsClass'
)">This class</a>, and the singleton object which is <a
href="javascript:window.top.displayCode(
'PropertyConsts.html#pconsts' )">generated by the static
initializer</a>, is essentially a repository of

Peter B. West [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"