Hello,

Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
> >> Hmmm, what for?
> > For comparison.  Or is RenderX available to any of us by some
> > other means?
> Trial version in available for free actually, but it's stamped and
> limited to PDF and 11 pages only though afaik.

Speaking for RenderX, I can confirm that Apache SF is fully
eligible to get an Academic license. Moreover, we are ready
and willing to issue an extended, server-based version of
Academic. (The standard Academic edition derives from
the client one: it does not include Java API, and does not
permit server use).

Just to be clear: we can grant the license to Apache, not to the
community. Apache would be able to use XEP on its servers
(also for public services), but not to make its binaries/docs
publicly available.

Best regards,
Nikolai Grigoriev
RenderX