Hi Keiron

On 06.03.2003 00:45:01 Keiron Liddle wrote:
<snip/>
> > > There are some minor bugs with patterns in patterns, drawing images and
> fonts
> > > but there won't be any fixes soon.
> >
> > Wouldn't it make sense to work with the Batik team to get the PDF and PS
> > transcoders into their test infrastructure so we have some good feedback
> > and can quickly improve on the quality to match the AWT output?
>
> If I understand their testing properly, it is currently no setup in a way that could
> handle PDF/PS output.
> They have various levels of testing: xml parsing, dom, bridge, gvt, image output
> and various others. The image output is the one that is parallel with the PDF/PS
> transcoding, it is done by comparing the result with a reference image stored in
> cvs. Someone needs to know what the reference should be like. Also there are
> PDF version/viewer version issues.
> I'll see what can be sorted out.

I see.

I was also thinking about using GhostScript for converting PostScript
and PDF files to bitmaps for testing and then calculating differential
images. Add to that a little GUI that let's you browse through a
testsuite and inspect the three bitmaps (ref, actual, differential).
This could be used for both SVG and XSL-FO stuff.

Jeremias Maerki