I too am interested in how this would be implemented, particularly in enabling some of the PDF features such as "don't print me" and "don't save me" and "don't copy me" (where the "print", "save" and "copy" functions are inactive/grayed out) using the command line version. I use either the .sh or .bat file to render on *nix & Win*. I'd be interested in finding out how to run these encryption (?) options running FOP from the command line.

Web Maestro Clay

Manuel Mall wrote:
Patrick,

I am following with much interest the integration of PDF encryption into
FOP.

While trying to understand how it is invoked (not configured) I got
confused. We currently using a 3rd party external tool to encrypt our PDFs
after creation through FOP. Each PDF is given its own different owner
password. Internally we have one instance of FOP Driver in our server which
we call again and again to render the PDFs on demand. If we want to use the
encryption within FOP we would need to be able to set the owner password
before each individual run. Is that possible? With the current FOP version
(Maintenance branch) the concurrency issues within FOP are suppose to be
resolved. If that is so we could have pool of Driver instances running in
parallel each needing its own different owner password again on a per run
basis. Is that supported?

Many thanks

Manuel

--