Thanks Keiron for the feedback!

I found and reviewed the discussion regarding the move to Avalon (ref: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=102266666606705&w=2 ).

I also appreciate your point that some aspects of configuration have already been 're-enabled'; as exemplified in CommandLineStarter.run() which calls commandLineOptions.getOutputFile() and commandLineOptions.getRendererOptions().

I want to use the -c option to import a font refed in a userconfig.xml file as per http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html#Register+the+fonts+within+FOP- N10261

I can see that CommandLineOptions.parseOptions(...) is caching my userconfig.xml file in its userConfigFile member. Grepping the source does not reveal anyone calling the getUserConfigFile() accessor and I'm unable to find anyone parsing the userConfigFile, so this is what I mean when I say that I suspect configuration is not completely "re-enabled."

So, I guess my question now is: Are CommandLineOptions.userConfigFile font tags being processed? If so, then where? If not, then... yes, given some pointers, I'm interested in helping to get it working.

-- Bob