I'm surprised that we haven't always acknowledged contributions, at the option of the contributor. I suppose there are a number of questions that arise, and I wonder if the ASF has considered this question. For example, the Xerces and Xalan development is heavy with IBM personnel, yet I see no acknowledgement of IBM's ongoing involvement.

Peter

Jeremias Maerki wrote:
There are pros and cons:
+ Might encourage other companies also to support FOP.
+ Gives credit where credit is due.
- As with the contributor's list, if we start the list now, we don't
  acknowledge former contributions. And completing such a list is some
  tedious work. Just missing former contributors/supporters out is
  unfair IMO.

And if we start a list of companies/organizations supporting FOP we
would also need to acknowledge the employers of committers/developers if
they grant their employees time to work on FOP.

I'd like to hear other opinions.