Fopdev committers,

The following message has come from Berin in his (new) capacity as XML PMC Chair. If any committers have any further questions on this, let me know and I will see what I can fish out of the discussionon [EMAIL PROTECTED] Most of it has taken place, I think, on [EMAIL PROTECTED], but I'm sure not everyone is receiving [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Peter

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Fwd: [vote] XMLBeans to enter XML incubation [was: Re: Vote for XMLBeans proposal in the XML Project (was RE: Vote for XMLBeans proposal)]]
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:11:29 +1000
From: Berin Lautenbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Peoples,

Msg posted to pmc@ as there is already enough noise on 4 x general@
lists on this!

Given the current charter requires a majority vote of all committers in
xml for this to go ahead, we really need your help to get this vote done.

I've forwarded this to security-dev, and Neil has forwarded to Xerces-J.
 If the appropriate people could forward to their -dev lists and tally
the votes against active committer totals that would be fantastic.

I'm purposely holding back the vote on the charter until this is done,
as I want to see how effective this process is now.  Should we maybe
thing about going down the Jakarta route and making the vote for
sub-projects a PMC vote, but with the right of committers to -1 and then
call for a full community vote?

Cheers,
        Berin

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: [vote] XMLBeans to enter XML incubation [was: Re: Vote for XMLBeans proposal in the XML Project (was RE: Vote for XMLBeans proposal)] Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:16:39 +0200 From: Steven Noels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Organization: Outerthought To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] References: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>