I just committed another relatively high-risk change, although on this one I
was able to see that it seems to work fine for my basic testing after the
change. The essence of the change is that the logic that starts layout and
rendering now lives in Driver instead of FOTreeHandler. FOTreeHandler fires
events when it comes to the end of a page-sequence or document, and Driver
now receives those events and fires up layout. In other words FOTreeHandler
now works in a SAX-like way, streaming page-sequence objects to whomever
cares to implement the appropriate interface. This gets us a large step
closer to having FO Tree building be a standalone process. The bad news is
that some of the stuff moved to Driver will need to be moved again after we
get the Control objects aligned.

Please let me know if you see any problems.

Victor Mote