J.Pietschmann wrote:
the status report is on the way:
 http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?XMLProjectPages/
StatusReportForAugust202003

Everyone is invited to check and improve the FOP entry.

There's a bit of German (?) in there we might want to fix.

==== UPDATED VERSION ====
FOP

There was a FOP release, 0.20.5 in July which has a few improvements and bugfixes. This release was intended to be the last release from the maintenance code branch. There are, however, already a few more fixes in CVS for some annoying problems. Unfortunately, progress on the main code branch is very slow, due to the absence of the main developers.
====

Changes to note in above:
- This release *was* intended to be the last release from the maintenance code branch.
- There are, however, already a few more fixes in CVS *for* some annoying problems.

BTW, the 3rd sentence makes it sound as if there will be at least one more release after 0.20.5. If so, we might want to clarify this on the web site somewhere, as well as on fop-user (including what the version would be called and what's been fixed). Otherwise, we should remove that sentence as I have below.

==== UPDATED VERSION 2 ====
FOP

There was a FOP release, 0.20.5 in July which has a few improvements and bugfixes. This release is intended to be the last release from the maintenance code branch. Unfortunately, progress on the main code branch is very slow, due to the absence of the main developers.
====

Changes to note in above:
- There are, however, already a few more fixes in CVS *for* some annoying problems.
- *REMOVED* "There are, however, already a few more fixes in CVS for some annoying problems."