I think one of Tom's concerns is keeping the
transcoder stuff modular enough so that it potentially
can be moved to the Batik team.  But as you're
mentioning, separating the font information is not
that big a deal and can be postponed until the font
handling designs are finished in trunk.

If you'd like me to handle the patches, let me know--I
should be able to get to them this weekend.

Glen

--- Victor Mote <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2. fo.FOTreeControl
<snip/>
> Its purpose is to allow the
> FOTree to be independent
> of the apps classes that control it.

> 3. area.AreaTreeControl
<snip/>
> its purpose is to allow the AreaTree to be
> independent of the apps
> classes that control it.

Nice design--I'm beginning to see the light! ;-)

Glen