Hi Jay,

   I added Batik-users to the CC list as it seemed many of your
questions are really SVG/Batik questions.

Jay Chiu wrote:

I have tried to embed a svg into a fo file to generate pdf file.
The svg contains a reference to an image that can not be found.
I got fop hanging problem. I hope Batik team to coordinate with
FOP team to solve this issue for me.

Attached please find the test svg file, fo file and generated
pdf file.

Here are the descriptions of the issues:
(1) SVG side:
(a) If I open the testimage.svg in Squiggle GUI, the GUI shows
the SVG error null with the stack:
java.lang.NullPointerException

What version? With current CVS and squiggle I get:

file:[...]/textimage.svg:7
An I/O error occurred while processing the URI
'file:[...]/unfound.jpg' specified on the element <image>

(b) A text element with x=0, y=0 is not displayed from (0,0)
position. It can not be found on the image. Is this right
behaviors?

Actually if you look _very_ closely you can see a little bit of the 'p' at the top of the image. 0,0 establishes the baseline for the text, for most languages the text sits 'on top' of this line. So in this case most of your text is off the top of the page. If you move that line down a little to say: 0,10. You can see all of it. So yes this is the right behavior.

   You can also tell batik what section of the infinite canvas to
render by setting the 'viewBox' attribute on the SVG element.

(2) FOP side
FOP successfully generated the pdf file(as generated), but it
hangs in cleanup. The output of Fop.bat is:
C:\apps>fop-0.20.5\fop.bat textimage.fo textimage.pdf
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[INFO] FOP 0.20.5
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[INFO] building formatting object tree
[INFO] setting up fonts
[INFO] [1]
[INFO] Parsing of document complete, stopping renderer

Thanks a lot.

Jay

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more