Jeremias Maerki wrote:
Hmm, again, we could probably cache the value. Not very elegant, of
course, but how else do we get that value which is used in several
places?

Just an outsider's point-of-view: it probably doesn't make sense to waste time optimizing code like this unless a profiler indicates that it's a bottleneck.

Randomly searching through code for potential inefficiencies has widely been disproven as an effective optimization technique. ;-)

Ben