I agree with Christian. Are there hyphenation files available under LPPL
1.3 already? I'd like to have a look at the packaging.

Before including files under LPPL 1.3 in FOP we should clear it with
[EMAIL PROTECTED] I don't know who of you is also listening into
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (I know Peter does). There are still discussions
about details on how to apply the new ALv2 and how to deal with other
licenses. We probably still need to wait a bit.

On 02.04.2004 09:27:31 Christian Geisert wrote:
> Simon Pepping wrote:
> > Rainer Schöpf of the CTAN team pointed out that there is a new version
> > of the LaTeX Project Public License, version 1.3,
> > http://www.latex-project.org/lppl/lppl-1-3.html. He stated that this
> > version is DSFG compliant, although I could not find this statement on
> > the web site.
> >
> > The clauses relevant to FOP's ability to distribute hyphenation
> > patterns derived from files under the LPPL seem to be:
>
> [..]
>

> >          2. Information that is sufficient to obtain a complete,
> >              unmodified copy of the Work.
>
> [..]
>
> > Clause 6.d.2 is a bit tricky I guess. The rest seems OK.
>
> IMHO it should be ok to add this to the NOTICE file
> (See http://www.apache.org/licenses/example-NOTICE.txt)
>
> --
> Christian

Jeremias Maerki