Thanks for the link--I didn't know about this.  Still,
switching to SVN would probably aggravate the problem,
by draining users and developers away from CVS--hence
slowing CVS' bug fixes and greater security
enhancements.

There's nothing magical about SVN--it is open source
too and subject to the same time constraints and
developer limitations of any other project.  However,
by dividing open source resources across two version
control projects, the economy of scale is lost, and
I'm concerned we will end up with two mediocre
open-source version control systems instead.

Glen

http://news.com.com/More+flaws+foul+security+of+open-source+repository/