Glen Mazza wrote:
On my two earlier API proposals [1], I'm going to take
a step back on the first one about combining the
apps.Driver class into apps.Fop.  Joerg's thoughts
that the API wrapper/class and application
wrapper/class should be distinct is weighing on my
mind; in the future we may find it beneficial that we
have them separate.  Also, "Driver" has a long history
with our application that disturbing may not be
worthwhile.

The second issue I'm still unsure on, although I moved
FopPrintServlet from using XSLTInputHandler to JAXP.

That's ok, now that JAXP is more or less ubiquitous. The XSLTInputHandler predates JAXP by quite a bunch of months.

J.Pietschmann