Hi,

I didn't follow the discussion in the spring about command line -d and commons-logging so I'm likely missing some important pieces, but I'm a bit confused about the result.

If I attempt to render a fatally corrupt input fo file like:

    <fo:block/>

, I get the expected SAXParseException message on the console and the "Turn on debugging for more information" line.

When I turn on debugging, then the full exception is printed directly on the console (without using C-L!) and no information about the exception is sendt to C-L.

So the C-L debug level directly controls output to System.err. That makes very little sense to me.

At the very least the exception should be logged to C-L, right?

I would also guess that any additional System.err output should be controlled separately from C-L, with a -d option.

regards,
finn