--- Jeremias Maerki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > So I propose to change the API signature from
> >      FOUserAgent.addElementMapping(String)
> >      FOUserAgent.addElementMapping(ElementMapping)
>
> Keep both, please.

Unless there is a legitimate reason, I would strongly
prefer choosing one or the other.  These will be
stored in a collection object, to be read by the
FOTreeBuilder--right now, I see no reason for
maintaining a string version as well, and then have
subsequent code to merge the two from the two APIs.

FOUserAgent.addElementMapping(ElementMapping) is a
perfectly clean, acceptable API.  (I originally went
with the string version for future
compatibility--ElementMapping can change to be
something else instead but the API wouldn't have to
change.  But we can use the one you recommend instead
for the reasons you have given.)

Thanks,
Glen