--- Jeremias Maerki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd like to test the waters and see what you guys
> think about separately
> releasing the RTF part, or in other words: FOP RTF
> edition.

My $0.02:  Looks like busywork--I don't see how this
would help you or any other committer.

I would be concerned about burdening current
committers with this work, as well as scaring away
prospective ones.  The deep thinkers that are needed
to get layout et al done are generally not attracted
to the mundane tasks that a FOP RTF would require.

> It might be
> a good sign to our users that our project's not
> dead.

Even if some think that way now, they'll come back
when it's done.

Glen