Thanks a lot, Luca. That was it. I was slowly tracking that thing down.
I knew already that these start indices were wrong but hadn't figured
out how to fix it.

And thanks to Chris for the pointers earlier.

In the meantime I got to know a lot about the inner workings of the line
layout. :-) Good for the next time.

On 02.02.2005 15:24:44 Luca Furini wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > If someone has an idea about the ArrayOutOfBoundsException, all the
> > better. I'm currently trying to debug that thing.
> It's because of this line in LineLM.addAreas():
>     iCurrParIndex = 0;
> If a block has properly handled preserved linefeeds, it will generate more
> than one paragraph, so the ArrayList knuthParagraphs will have more than one
> element.
> In your test file, there will be:
> (Paragraph #0) <!-- list level 1 -->
> (Paragraph #1) <fo:list-block provisional-distance-between-starts="0.4cm"
> (Paragraph #2)                provisional-label-separation="0.15cm">
> (Paragraph #3) <!-- list item -->
> If the block is split between two pages, the method LineLM.addAreas will be
> called twice: for example, there will be Paragraph #0 and #1 on page 1, and
> the others on page 2.
> The second time addAreas() is called iCurrParIndex is set to 0, and here is
> the bug, because the index stored in the LineBreakPosition lbp refers to an
> element in Paragraph #2!
> Maybe the best place to store the correct value is inside the
> LineBreakPositions; I'm attaching a little patch which modifies the
> LineBreakPosition class (and also removes an old, unused method).
> As per the ignored newline characters in the TextLM, I really can't remember
> why I wrote those lines! :-)
> It really looks like they shouldn't be ignored.
> Regards,
>     Luca

Jeremias Maerki

Reply via email to