Jeremias Maerki wrote:
As announced on the XML Graphics General mailing list I'd like to call
for a vote on the migration of both Batik and FOP to Subversion.

+1

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/
[2] http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/
[3] http://scplugin.tigris.org/
[4] http://subclipse.tigris.org/
[5] http://subversion.tigris.org/project_links.html
[6] http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

Some personal experience and from comments on the Cocoon and other lists: - The SVN command line client, both Unix and Cygwin, is quite usable, stable and very similar to the CVS CLI, so it's easy to switch for the CVS CLI users. I haven't created or merged branches with SVN yet. The common use case fo falling back to the SVN CLI is probably creating patches using SVN diff, which is not easily available from any of the other tools, and branch management. - TortoiseSVN is considered the benchmark for the GUI clients. It just works as expected. - Last time I checked, subclipse still had difficulties with renaming Java packages. If you do this accidentally, be prepared to thrash all recent work and do a fresh checkout. Almost everything else, sans branch management, seemed to work fine on Eclipse 3.0.1 on Windows. BTW setting up a SVN repository is still much more of a pain than setting up a CVS repository.

J.Pietschmann