The basic framework stands and so far seems to do its work. Now I can
get on to adding features again (display-align, borders, keeps, breaks
etc.).

At first sight, the whole thing probably looks like a big mess. I didn't
want to remove the old code just yet, because there may be several
passages that I can look at for hints. I'll remove it as soon as
possible. For those interested, the most interesting places to look at
will be:
- TableLayoutManager
- TableContentLayoutManager
- TableRowIterator