<snip />
> Would we need a 'check' on whether the previous page already
> contains areas generated by elements of a given BlockSequence
> (or: whether the first area on curPage is also the first area
> generated by an element of the BlockSequence)?

Or what about the following in AbstractBreaker.BlockSequence at line 64 :

endBlockSequence() {
  returnSequence = new BlockSequence(startOn);
}

So, when BlockSequence.endBlockSequence() is called, the remaining
KnuthSequences are returned as a new BlockSequence with a startOn equal to
the value which was already set with the construction of the
sequence --maybe this simply needs to be changed to ...?

Cheers,