Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> So far I can only see the brute-force method (discarding element
> lists after the break and somehow backtrack while cleverly optimizing so
> as not to create too many discarded objects - still a non-trivial thing
> over all).

Andrea's idea of "recycling" elements instead of replacing is very
interesting: I'm going to carefully look at all the examples in your wiki
page, and see if this could always be done or just in some lucky cases.

Anyway: not all the elements after the break are made "invalid", but just
the ones referring to the same row group, so they would not be many.

Regards
    Luca