> -----Original Message----- > From: Simon Pepping [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] > > On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 04:48:07PM +0200, Luca Furini wrote: > > <snip /> > > The recommendation seems to suggest that it could defer one or more > > *whole* footnotes, if there is not enough space in the page where their > > citations are, even if this is not very usual to happen in books; anyway, > > this could be fixed later. > > In linguistic or theological works you may see many and long footnotes.
Yeah, as an example: try reading some Postmodern Philosophy... Many pages that are filled for 75% with footnotes offering comments/notes on the ideas that appear on the other 25% (even pages containing nothing *but* footnotes, continued from a previous page). I guess it's not as much fun to read as it is to write layout code for handling those situations... :-) Greetz, Andreas