FYI, I've just posted a proposal for Google's Summer of Code on the Wiki
at:
http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2005

I thought, since I'm currently too busy in the layout engine and Peter
Herweg has obviously gone inactive, I'll post this. Maybe we get lucky.
The task is quite isolated which makes it ideal.

Subject ID
fop-rtf

Title
Finalize the RTF output support for Apache FOP

ASF Project
Apache FOP (XSL-FO processor)

Keywords
FOP, XSL-FO, formatting objects, RTF, Rich Text Format, document
generation

Description
JFOR, an open source XSL-FO to RTF converter, has been integrated into
Apache FOP some time ago. Now that we're getting close to releasing our
rewritten layout engine it would be great to have RTF output releasable,
too. The framework for generating RTF is there and many things already
work, but there are still many missing features and a number of bugs to
be handled so this part of FOP is ready production use. RTF is still a
quite important format when enterprises want to create documents from
business cases. Unlike PDF and PostScript documents, RTF documents can
be opened in Microsoft Word, for example, and manually edited by the
user which is a frequent desire.

Possible Mentors
Jeremias Märki (< [EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

Status
Available

Jeremias Maerki

  • FYI: Proposal for Google's Summer of Code Jeremias Maerki