On 06.06.2005 18:36:17 Luca Furini wrote:
> A related question: if there is a fo:block with linefeed-treatment =
> "preserve" and two consecutive linefeeds, what is the expected output?
>
> For example:
> <fo:block linefeed-treatment="preserve">Text line 1.
>
> Text line 2.</fo:block>
>
> At the moment, there is an empty line between "Text line 1." and "Text
> line 2.": should it collapse too? I would say yes, but I'm not sure ...

No, IMO it shouldn't collapse. linefeed-treatment="preserve" is defined
as requiring no special action when a linefeed is encountered. And a
linefeed is defined as moving the paper one line ahead in an
old-fashioned mechanical typewriter, so two linefeeds advance the paper
by two lines thus (in your example) leaving an empty line.