On 13.06.2005 16:23:13 Alex Milowski wrote:

> On Jun 13, 2005, at 6:09 AM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
> > Please send questions like that to the fop-users mailing list next
> > time.
> > Thank you.
>
> As I'm testing the development version and so I thought such questions
> should go here.

I'm sorry, Alex, that wasn't clear to me. In that case, we could argue
that this wouldn't be to wrongest place to bring it up. We just try to
channel user questions to fop-users. I hope you understand.

> > The comformance document you mention can be found here:
> > http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html
> >
> > The features you use above are all supported in 0.20.5.
>
> Again, I'm interested in knowing the status of the CVS HEAD.

Me, too. :-) Seriously, if you look at [1] you'll see a task that says
we have to extend the compliance document to include the redesigned FOP.
So we don't have that kind of documentation, yet. Please help us.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/FOPProjectTasks

> >>  Is this suppose to be working in the current CVS trunk?
> >
> > It should work in CVS HEAD but at the moment it is not guaranteed to do
> > so because we're still in the middle of development. I have seen cases
> > where content intruded region-after in the CVS HEAD code. This will be
> > fixed eventually. In 0.20.5, I know of no such problem, except if you
> > mess with block-containers.
>
> Well, then I have an example where the CVS HEAD seems to no be working.
>   Should
> I submit this as an issue for tracking purposes?  I have several
> sequences
> of blocks that use the keep-together and that may be cause the incorrect
> intrusion.

Yes, that would be good. Even better would be a layout engine test case
as described under [2]. Please, just don't expect any timely fixing of
any issues you report. We're not in that kind of mode, yet. We're still
in the middle of development.

[2] http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/HowToCreateLayoutEngineTests