Moved from fop-users...

Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Hi Peter
>
> On 24.06.2005 04:19:33 Peter B. West wrote:
>

> Subversion is no unknown quantity anymore, well maybe on NetBeans.

> It
> just takes some time until it gains a better foothold.

Nub of the problem.  I ask myself the question, Why is the Apache
Foundation *forcing* the adoption of Subversion, when Subversion is not
even an Apache brand?  Looking at the composition of the Board might
give some clues.  That composition has just changed, of course.

> Having worked
> with Subversion for 18 months now I prefer it to CVS by far.
>

> You can always get the sources using the official command-line client
> that comes with Subversion:
>
> http://subversion.tigris.org/
> http://subversion.tigris.org/project_packages.html

Which is what I had to do with BitKeeper, for which no client existed in
NetBeans, Eclipse or any other widely used IDE.  My only gripe is facing
another learning curve for an SCM product whose basic design has already
been superseded by the distributed design of BitKeeper, Monotone, Darcs,
etc.

Peter
--
Peter B. West <http://cv.pbw.id.au/>