Nils Meier wrote:

That was exactly my thinking - I'm planning to embed FOP as well
as xsl-docbook. Going through apps.FOP forces me to package
stuff that I don't really need since it seems to be designed
around running it from the command-line (forcing dependencies
to CommandLineOptions and the avalon stuff).

Happy to hear you working with Docbook as well. Please report any bugs or problems with the Docbook stylesheets on FOP 1.0 (and there will be hundreds right now). Bugzilla entries would be fantastic: simple FO reproducing the problem, PDF of how it looks on 0.20.5 (the "good" case), and how it looks on 1.0. Patch fixing the problem would also be nice, if you have the time.

Thanks,
Glen