On Aug 1, 2005, at 18:57, Sergey Simonchik wrote:

Hi,

Currently I work on upgrading FOP's RTF rendering. We need it as a
part of another project.
And now some patches to RTF-rendering with test cases are available.
So I have two questions:
1) Would you be so kind to tell your intention about RTF support?

Well, there has been some talk --I think it was very early this year-- about doing a release off the trunk that only supported RTF rendering (since the other renderers weren't ready yet), so I guess you could say that we're quite sure RTF support will be available in the next release.

Question for other devs: the Ant build indicates that the RTF renderer is 'still very very alpha'. Can that warning be removed or is it still too early?

2) What do you think about commiting these patches?

Well, all help is welcome, but it's difficult to say what we think if you don't show us the patches. :-) If you don't have any objection, just enter a Bugzilla report[1] describing the enhancements your patches offer, attach the diff(s) and testcases, and we'll certainly get back to you.

TIA!

Cheers,

Andreas

[1] http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fop