It seems that [EMAIL PROTECTED], which is what gmane.org uses (see
http://gmane.org/list-address.php?group=gmane.text.xml.fop.devel), does
not exist anymore...
--- Begin Message ---
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at apache.org.

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From:  Guillaume =?utf-8?b?RMOpZmxhY2hl?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:  Re: rtflib independance from FOP (continued) + JAFOG
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 14:49:57 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: news <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Please continue on the other thread from now on, I'm trying to close this one!
;)

Jeremias Maerki <dev.jeremias <at> greenmail.ch> writes:
> As long as you preserve the existing functionality, you're free to
> propose any changes. If the RTF library is useful without XSL-FO, that's
> absolutely fine and we can make sure in the future that it stays that
> way.

OK.

> JFOR has been integrated in FOP, so FOP is no[w] the most up-to-date
> version.

OK, now I just need to use SVN or get the confirmation that the snapshots are
current before preparing a first patch.

> > Jeremias : what about JAFOG (Java API for Formatting Objects Generation)?
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. However, "formatting objects generation"
> sounds almost like we're generating FO, not that we consume FO, and in
> the meantime the API can do more than just consume XSL-FO. It can handle
> any XML-based format which produces graphical output (like XSL-FO, SVG,
> MathML, you name it).

JAGUX: Java API for Graphics Using XML?

Time to start a contest for more imaginative people I guess! :)

> Poor guy. I heard some people are quite happy with accessing lists
> through GMANE (http://gmane.org/) but I haven't tried it myself.

This is a test BTW! ;) Many thanks for the suggestion, it seems to work well!

--- End Message ---