I have been working on that, rather slowly, as I do not have much
time.

My solution for the Knuth Elements is that each inline level LM
returns a list of Knuth sequences, inline or block. This part works
well.

The code works well for fo:inline with inline or block content. I have
not yet implemented it in other LMs except BasicLinkLM.

I have done some work for rendering. But I am not very familiar with
that part of FOP, and have not yet paid attention to details.

I will post a patch on Bugzilla. The present state of the code breaks
other inline level LMs as they do not yet return the correct data
structure for the next Knuth elements. Therefore I cannot commit it to
HEAD. I could commit it into a branch.

For the next few weeks I will also spend a lot of time on other
things. So, if I am progressing too slowly, someone else should feel
free to take this further.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping