Manuel Mall wrote:

Chris,

Thanks that's great I think I understand.

Cool. Thanks for all your help.

Last (is there ever?) question: How can I run a testcase and test my <checks>...</checks> section? Do I have to somehow invoke Jeremias LayoutEngineTestSuite? And if so what's the best way to do that?

Well it's always a good idea to check the tests before submitting them. The layout engine tests are run as part of the build. You can tell Ant just to run a particular target in the Ant script. For example, to just run the tests and not the full build type;

ant junit

If a test is meant to fail, then it's a good idea to disable it by default otherwise it will cause the build to fail. You do that by adding the filename of the test to the file disabled-testcases.txt in the test/layoutengine directory.

Chris