On 05.08.2005 10:41:39 Andreas Cordes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to the FOP-Development and I haven't read all the documents
> yet.
>

> I made some modifications to the FOP so I am able to have mutiple PDF
> Files with one XML File.
> The Filename is dynamically generated based on a specific FONode.
>
> Example :
>            <ac:filename>
>                                  <xsl:value-of select="name">-<xsl:value-of
> select="prename">.pdf
>            </ac:filename>
>
> In a few words, when a new page Sequence starts, I stop and start the
> PDF Renderer with a new Outputstream.
> (may be not the best solution)

Indeed. I can imagine that this will be a bit hacky. I think it would be
cleaner to start a new PDF file within the existing PDF Renderer.

> It is working very well with a little XML-File.
>
> But now I get into trouble.
> My XML File is about 103193785 Bytes (103 MB !).
> In this XML-File, there about 16588 Elements which are processed so I
> will get 16588 files.
>
> Everbody with me? :-)
>
> It was working very well up to 700 Elements but after that, I got an
> OutOfMemory.

I would have been surprised if it had worked. I know there are currently
a few memory leaks hidden in the code. I've done some test on big files
myself and quickly found problems with memory consumption. So far nobody
had time to do these optimizations, and BTW, it is also too soon to
really do them (except if somebody has spare time).