On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 10:37 pm, you wrote:
> I am consistently getting the error below on the ant junit target.

<snip/>

Further investigation showed that I can get rid of the error by
upgrading the xerces/xalan combination. Here is a summary of what I
found:

xalan 2.4.1/xerces 2.2.1 as extracted from SVN doesn't work
xalan 2.5.x/xerces 2.?.? doesn't work
xalan 2.6.1/xerces from xalan 2.6.1 bundle does prevent the error below
but I then get similar NAMESPACE_ERR errors from within the layout
engine test suite
xalan 2.7.0/xerces from xalan 2.7.0 bundle does work

All this evaluated under RH Enterprise ES 3 with Sun Java 5.0 latest
release.

Time to upgrade the xalan/xerces jars in SVN?

Manuel