I know. Realized that myself recently. When I'm done with inlines I'll
jump back to finish the visual testing facility and the PSRenderer. I
might also have some time to do a few things on the Java2D stuff. At
least, the visual testing will help identify differences between
renderers.

AFAIK, noones currently working on that otherwise. Most of the
dispatching of the render*() calls is done in AbstractRenderer. So this
should actually be renderer-independent. But still, there seems to be
something wrong. I'd have to do some debugging myself to find out. Set a
breakpoint in AbstractRenderer.renderPageAreas() to start with.