Hi Manuel,

Manuel Mall wrote:

[...] In addition TIFF is currently supported through BatikImage.
I don't think once Batik has the inputstream decoded, e.g. read the TIFF directory, I have access to the raw data required for the CCFFilter.

So I suggest the following. We provide two TIFF image implementations. One based on JAI as in 0.20.5 which allows native embedding in a PDF using the CCFFilter and one through Batik.

   The Tiff implementation in Batik comes from JAI.  So I would
presume that what ever you were doing with the JAI reader could
be done with the Batik reader.

If JAI is available the JAI TIFF implementation is chosen and smaller PDFs are produced in other environments the Batik variant is used.

Does that sound OK?

Manuel

<snip>

Of course, but we have to deal with a mix of different image
sources here which don't all support that kind of stuff. That's
why the analyser package exists. Also, it is necessary to support
direct embedding of JPEG and EPS graphics into PDF and PS, for
example. I hope I understood you right.

Actually 0.20.5 supports direct embedding of TIFF in PDF as well.
This is a very important feature for our application as we have
lots of TIFF images (actually incoming faxes) which we bundle into
PDFs using FOP. Would hate to see that getting lost in the trunk
code. Not sure how this could be done with the Batik stuff as the
PDF renderer would need access to the undecoded stream in that
case.

Manuel