I am currently looking at the XSL-FO spec with respect to resolving
percentages in property values because it was mentioned on this list that
the current system in FOP needs improvements. For many properties the spec
refers to the 'closest ancestor block area that is not a line area'. This
again is the same as 'containing block'. However, I also came across a
description saying 'closest area ancestor that was generated by a
block-level formatting object'. Now are these the same things:
'closest ancestor block area that is not a line area' == 'closest area
ancestor that was generated by a block-level formatting object'? It sounds
to me like they are the same or do I miss some subtle difference?

Manuel