Fopsters,

Some of you may be aware of the activity going on around StAX. Java 1.6 (Mustang) was to have included JAXP 1.4, but that looks to be on hold until Dolphin. However, StAX will be part of it, and soon enough, SAX will be a dim memory.

Obviously, Folio (nee FOP Alt-Design), built on a stream parsing model, will eventually retro-fit StAX and, later, JAXP 1.4. It's not high on my priorities just now.

However, if someone wants to steal a march in getting a handle on what will soon be the standard way of parsing XML, feel free to do the retro-fit on Folio. It's an existing stream-parsed application, so the structure requires no changes. If you're interested,contact me directly.

Peter
--
Peter B. West <http://cv.pbw.id.au/>
Folio <http://defoe.sourceforge.net/folio/>