On 22.08.2005 12:57:22 Chris Bowditch wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
> > I've cleaned up JAXG and published it on my website:
> >
> > http://www.jeremias-maerki.ch/dev/jaxg/
> >
> > Comments are welcome.
>
> I thought the main problem with the current proposal was Sun's objection
> to the name JAXG? Aren't you going to rename it before proceeding further?

I want to but I still don't have the ideal name. I have lots and lots of
suggestions but so far I couldn't make up my mind. Lots of problems like
name collisions, almost-references to existing projects and products.
JAXG would really be ideal but the only way to safely proceed this way
is to start a JSR but I can't and won't do that alone. I'd need at least
two or three people who'd support that and have time to go after it.

The only good thing is that I think the package names can stay constant:
org.xml.graphics. Adoption is probably not impeded by that at least.