I finally managed to use ForrestBot for FOP's website. I've
test-deployed it to http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/. When everything
looks fine there (need to wait for the rsync first), I'll try to write
the necessary .htaccess file(s) in xml.apache.org/fop to redirect the
old site to the new one. Once that works fine, too, I'll remove the old
site from /www/xml.apache.org/fop and delete it in CVS. I'll also update
the site deployment docs.

At first I tried plain SCP with password authentication (the one that
comes with ForrestBot), but that didn't work and I had to copy the
deploy task and adjust it to support private key authentication. I used
SCP because I don't think it really makes sense to put all this under
version control. The whole website is rsynced and we can now recreate
the whole website quickly should it get lost.