I've changed the .htaccess file to "RedirectPermanent" as you suggested.

It's quite interesting. First, I thought all the pages have to be
removed in order for the redirect to work, but it seems that all the
pages are now properly redirect except http://xml.apache.org/fop/index.html.
index.pdf is happily redirected but not index.html. Weird.