You are right. It seems like some calls to TraitSetter.addBackground()
are issued before IPD and BPD of the area are set (list-block and
list-item, for example). Yes, the call will need to be deferred until
the BPD and IPD have been set on the area. A safety check in
addBackground() will be a very good idea, too. You or me? :-)