Jeremias Maerki wrote:

I think you're reaching a point where you should understand exactly how
the Knuth model works. I haven't looked at how conditionality is
implemented very closely. Without diving deeper into this myself I'm
unable to help right now other than to point you to
BlockStackingLayoutManager again which contains at least part of the
code that deals with space conditionality. If the comments are right in
BlockStackingLayoutManager conditionality has not even been implemented
for blocks in the b-p-d.

We discussed this just the other day, and I thought the outcome was that space conditionality for blocks in bpd is implemented, but precedence isn't yet.

<snip/>

Chris